Introduction and Aims
The aims in Year 12 are:
- To develop the ability to understand the language from a variety of registers.
- To enable the student to communicate confidently and clearly in French.
- To form a sound base of skills, language and attitudes required for further study, work and leisure.
- To develop insights into the culture and civilisation of the countries where the language is spoken, including the study of literary texts where appropriate.
- To encourage positive attitudes to language learning and a sympathetic approach to other cultures and civilisations.
- To further intellectual and personal development by promoting learning and social skills.
- Grammar revision: adjectives, adverbs, present, past and future tense, comparisons, pronouns, subjonctive
- Youth culture
- Health fitness and lifestle
- Prepare Speaking test
- Grammar: historic past, imperative tense, inverted questions, negative form, passive voice, other pronouns, conditional form, present participle
- Education and work
- Past Papers
- The world aroubd us
- Past Papers
- Speaking test practice for those who resit january session
The teacher assesses candidates' linguistic competence & knowledge of the French society by requiring them to:
- Understand and respond to texts written in French;
- Manipulate French accurately in spoken and extended written forms;
- Select and present information in French, organise arguments and ideas logically
It is highly recommended that students read French books at home and do past papers on their own. They can also watch French films in original version. A dictionnary is necessary for them to do their homework.